Help us raise awareness of the importance of child and young person-centred communication by becoming a Me first Communication Champion
What it means to be a Me first Communication Champion
Communication Champions are really important for keeping communication with children and young people high on the agenda in the clinical setting. The role is essential in embedding changes into practice and helping to disseminate new ideas.
A Me first Communication Champion will:
• act as a positive role model for Me first following attendance at a Me first masterclass
• help their colleagues to develop an understanding of the importance of communication and shared decision-making with children and young people to embed lasting change
• facilitate small changes to the everyday practice of others by encouraging individual and team goal-setting
• engage with and attend as many Communication Champions events as able
• share resources, ideas, successes and challenges with the network which will help improve communication with children and young people
As a Communication Champion you’ll receive…
• A resource pack to help you introduce the topic of children and young people centred communication within your workplace
• Access to exclusive Communications Champions events featuring expert guest speakers to further enhance your skills in child and young person-centred communication
• A chance to talk and meet with a network of health and care professionals and support one another in implementing CYP-centred communication
• A shiny Communications Champions badge!