Me first in-house training
What will it cover?
Our bespoke in-house training is tailored to a team’s specific needs and allows you to focus on particular issues, key areas of communication and specialty-related challenges which are pertinent in your workplace. We can come to a venue of your choice within your organisation to deliver the session. The team will share and increase their knowledge of the barriers and challenges to communicating with children and young people in health and social care. With team training, there is also an option for a half day follow up to help embed changes in practice.
What are the benefits for you and your colleagues?
• Have more confidence when tackling tough conversations with children and young people, their parents and colleagues
• Use the Me first communication model to encourage shared decision-making
• Embed changes in your professional practice through group discussions and roleplay scenarios
• Develop a child-centred approach to communication so that children and young people are fully involved in negotiations about their care
• Connect with a network of healthcare professionals who encounter similar challenges and experiences
Who can attend?
We have delivered bespoke in-house sessions to groups of health and social care professionals from the same speciality e.g. GPs, student nurses, or wider teams such as Community Education Provider Networks which include health and social care professionals from different clinical areas. Any team who work with children and young people in a health or care setting can benefit from Me first training.
For a bespoke in-house training quote or to register your interest please complete the form below, or email us directly at [email protected]