Me first in-house training
What will it cover?
We can deliver our current courses in-house to your organisation, or develop bespoke training tailored to a team’s specific needs and allows you to focus on particular issues, key areas of communication and specialty-related challenges which are pertinent in your workplace.
All our in-house training will include the Me first Fundamentals Foundation principles. The team will share and increase their knowledge of the barriers and challenges to communicating with children and young people in health and social care, as well as learn and practise practical skills around one of our advanced communication models. There is the option to do a full day training or split the training across half days. We have developed a new module for organisations interested in the influence of power and how to promote a cultural shift in person-centred care.
All our training is currently delivered virtually.
What are the benefits for you and your colleagues?
• Have more confidence when tackling tough conversations with children and young people, their parents and colleagues
• Use a Me first communication model to support conversations and encourage shared decision-making
• Embed changes in your professional practice through group discussions and roleplay scenarios
• Develop a child-centred approach to communication so that children and young people are fully involved in negotiations about their care
• Connect with a network of healthcare professionals who encounter similar challenges and experiences
Who can attend?
We have delivered bespoke in-house sessions to groups of health and social care professionals from the same speciality e.g. GPs, student nurses, or wider teams such as Community Education Provider Networks which include health and social care professionals from different clinical areas. Any team who work with children and young people in a health or care setting can benefit from Me first training.
For a bespoke in-house training quote or to register your interest please complete the form below, or email us directly at [email protected]