Listening as a way of life1 likes
Audience: healthcare professionals, parents
A set of eight leaflets about listening to children. Each leaflet covers a different topic, containing details of research, practice and methods that work with young children from birth to eight.
The leaflets could be used as a training and education resource for health and social care professionals in their practice with children, or for parents.
These resources were published by the National Children’s Bureau.
Download PDF versions below:
- An introduction to why and how we listen to very young children by Alison Clark
- Listening to Young Disabled Children by Mary Dickins and Lucy Williams
- Listening to babies by Diane Rich
- Supporting parents and carers to listen: a guide for practitioners by Julie McLarnon
- Are equalities an issue? Finding out what children think by Nicky Road
- Listening and responding to young children’s views on food by Ann-Marie McAuliffe with Jane Lane
- Developing a listening culture by Lucy Williams, produced by the Early Childhood Unit
- Leadership for listening by Mary Dickins