Not Just a Phase – A guide to the participation of children and young people in health serviceBe the first to like this
Audience – healthcare professionals and commissioners
A report developed and published by the Young People’s Health Special Interest Group of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and launched in April 2010 by Professor Terence Stephenson (former president of the RCPCH).
The publication provides information to ensure the safe, meaningful and ethical participation of children and young people within the delivery of quality child health services. It also practically demonstrates how we can contribute towards creating a culture of participation.
Not Just a Phase is divided into six sections:
- why paediatricians and service leads need to know about children and young people’s participation;
- the theory and evidence basis for participation;
- key principles of participation;
- essential elements of a participation strategy and project;
- how to create a culture of participation;
- examples of participation in practice