Transition To Adult Services2 likes
Audience – young People, parents
A series of short videos, produced by Papworth Hospital, on the process of transition – the move from a paediatric hospital or health service to an adult hospital or health service.
Top transitioning tips!
- Transition planning should take place in good time, so you know what to expect and when.
- This is about your life, so make sure you are involved.
- You have the right to be heard, and your opinions matter – here at Papworth (or your other adult service) we are keen to hear your opinions to ensure we are offering you the best care for you.
- Make sure you have a clear plan for keeping and staying well.
- If you want your parents or carers involved in your care then they can be – just tell the Papworth (or your other adult service) team looking after you.
- If you don’t understand what someone is saying to you, ask them to explain as it is important that you understand your care.