Me first training
Our communication training is beneficial for all health and care professionals who work with children and young people.
It will help you to…
- Have more confidence when tackling tough conversations with children and young people, their parents and colleagues
- Use the Me first communication model to encourage shared decision-making
- Embed changes in your professional practice through group discussions and roleplay scenarios
- Develop a child-centred approach to communication so that children and young people are fully involved in negotiations about their care
- Connect with a network of healthcare professionals who encounter similar challenges and experiences
We offer a suite of workshops, co-delivered with young people, across a range of CYP communication-based topics. We ask all delegates, to attend the Mefirst fundamentals two hours training before attending the Masterclass, Health coaching and Transition training.
We can provide any of these in the form of in-house training for you and your colleagues, tailored to your requirements. We also run regular open-access training days for individuals:
Conversations about safeguarding concerns
Transition: Growing up, Gaining Independence (GUGI)
Transition: Growing up, Gaining Independence (GUGI) – COMING SOON!!