Me first training for GOSH staff
We are thrilled that Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust have funded 10 Me first masterclasses for GOSH clinical staff to be delivered from August to early November. This is a one-day course for all levels of staff with all levels of experience including trainees and senior staff. The places on these courses will be prioritised based on clinical area based on the evaluation of the training being undertaken by ORCHID. Spaces will then be released to other staff 4 weeks prior to training.
Me first comes to Barts Health!
We will be delivering 8 Me first masterclasses to health and care professionals across Barts Health throughout 2018:
- 9th July 2018
- 13th July 2018
- 2nd August 2018
- 14th August 2018
- 1st October 2018
- 5th October 2018
Plus two more dates to be confirmed soon. For booking please visit our training page.
Communication Champions network event 20th June 9am-12noon
Everyone who has attended Me first training is welcome to join us at our next Communication Champion’s event. We have specialist training with various speakers for each event. It is also an opportunity for different professionals to share ideas, support each other in empowering CYPs to help improve their outcomes in health and social care. The morning also includes free breakfast.
THEME: Mental Health
- Me first update & new resources
- Psychological aspects of chronic illnesses, Louisa Monzani, Psychologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Communication with children and young people who have mental health disorders, Cher Johnston, Lead Nurse Specialist Practice CAMHS Liaison, Barnet General Hospital & Me first Trainer
New Me first training dates for 2018-2019 coming soon…
In the coming weeks we will be advertising new open-access training dates for later this year for the following modules:
- Me first child and young person centred communication masterclass
- Me first child and young person centred conversations about safeguarding concerns
- Me first health coaching
- Me first: Reaching an agreement between healthcare professionals, children and young people, and their parents.
Visit our Training page to book and view dates
Could you be a Communication Champion? The only prerequisite is to have previously attended a Me first Masterclass.
The Communication Champions network:
- Provides you with a Communication Champion toolkit, to support you to promote Child and Young Person centred communication in your team and organisation.
- Invites you to Communication Champion network events
- Facilitates peer support and on-going learning through webinars
- Gives you bespoke support from the Me first team.
Next Communication Champions Network event: Wednesday 20th June 2018 9am-12noon